Sunday 8 November 2015

Microsoft HoloLens

I'm seemingly 7 months late to discover this but I've just come across Microsoft's HoloLens project and I'm in awe! For anyone who (like me) wasn't aware that this was a thing, here's the video:



The Microsoft HoloLens actually fits in perfectly with my project because while I've mainly been using Augment, this video shows how that can be expanded on and used to create even more incredible things in the real world through the virtual one.

I can just imagine it - using the HoloLens to detect a character in something you see, and then having that character come to life and interact with the space around you. It'd be so much cooler being able to watch it go around instead of having to hold it on your phone!

I just wanted to make a quick blog post about this because I think it's incredible and will be important for my research, so here it is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment