Sunday 3 January 2016

Igniting 2016!

I realise that I now have to use another fire extinguisher title for my next blog post otherwise I'll end up leaving a safety hazard open for all future posts. :(

Anyway, happy 2016! I hope that the year is filled with wonderful memories and happy times. <3

As mentioned in my last post, I've been working on a fire extinguisher character in Maya. The last post only showed some character sketches and the base model, but since then I've UV mapped and textured him so am ready to show the rest! Here he is:



I've also put the model onto SketchFab so that you can interact with it if you wish to do so. Here's the link. :)

I learned quite a lot while making this guy - he may look simple but I tried to challenge myself to use a few new techniques that I previously wasn't too comfortable with. Making smoothly curved objects was one of them, so I'm very happy to have been able to learn and use that technique on this model!

No comments:

Post a Comment